If you or a loved one have been injured in an auto accident in the state of Pennsylvania that wasn’t your fault, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, and the damage to your vehicle to which you are entitled.
For a free legal consultation to find out if you qualify, contact the lawyers at Hissey Mulderig & Friend by calling us toll-free at 1-855-922-3660, or by filling out the free case evaluation form on the right side of this page.
Experienced Attorneys to Help With Your Case
An automobile accident occurs once every 10 seconds in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Every year, millions of drivers and passengers are injured and tens of thousands are killed because of car accidents.
Serious auto accidents can lead to injuries that may cause you to incur expensive medical bills, lost wages, damage to your vehicle, or other costly expenses. Even after the accident, you may end up fighting with your or another drivers’ insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. These insurers have a team of experienced attorneys and claims adjusters whose job it is to pay you as little as possible.
Hiring an experienced attorney to represent you after a car accident is your best bet to help ensure that you and your family receive the compensation they deserve from the insurance companies. Because the attorneys at Hissey Mulderig & Friend work on a contingency basis, you only pay us if and only if we are able to recover damages in your case.
Steps to File an Auto Accident Lawsuit
After an automobile accident, hiring an attorney may not be the first thought that crosses your mind. The state of Pennsylvania has a two-year statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims, including car accident lawsuits. Because of this, it is important that you speak with an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that you have time to take legal action:
- Contact Hissey Mulderig & Friend to request a free legal consultation.
- Wait for our staff to review your case. If our firm thinks we can help, a member of our staff will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Hire our attorneys to handle your case. Depending on the details of your case, our attorneys may attempt to reach a settlement before filing your claim.
- If a settlement cannot be reached, our lawyers may file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- During the discovery phase, our attorneys will exchange information with counsel for the other side.
- Our attorneys may again attempt to reach a settlement for your case after discovery is complete.
- If a settlement is not reached, we will talk with you to decide whether to bring your case to trial.
- If you decide you want to go to trial, a jury will then hear your case and decide whether to award damages and, if so, in what amount.
Every lawsuit is different. However, the preceding steps represent a general outline of how a car accident lawsuit may proceed from beginning to end.
Causes of Car Accidents
Serious automobile accidents can occur in a variety of ways. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents include:
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Automotive defects
- Dangerous driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Road hazards
- Tailgating leading to rear-end collisions
If you were involved in an auto accident that was caused by another driver’s recklessness or negligence, or by other factors such as vehicle defects or hazardous road conditions that were beyond your control, you may be eligible to receive compensation for injuries or other damages.
Common Auto Accident Injuries
Some of the most common injuries that occur because of auto accidents include:
- Airbag injuries
- Broken bones or fractures
- Cuts and bruises
- Organ damage
- Seatbelt injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Vision or hearing loss
Serious injuries from a car accident can lead to permanent disabilities that result in loss of work or expensive medical bills. To ensure that you receive the full amount to which you are entitled after an accident, contact the lawyers at Hissey Mulderig & Friend to find out how we can help.
Contact Us for a Free Legal Consultation
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit and receive compensation for your injuries, medical bills, damage to your vehicle, or other expenses.
For a free legal consultation to find out if you qualify to take legal action, contact the lawyers at Hissey Mulderig & Friend by calling our offices toll-free at 1-855-922-3660, or by filling out the free case evaluation form located on the right side of this page.
After we receive your message, one of our staff members will contact you for more information and to help you schedule your consultation with one of our attorneys. We look forward to hearing from you!
Free Legal Consultation
Call toll-free at 1-855-922-3660 or complete this form to talk to a lawyer about your case.